Wake up each day to be part of a movement.
A movement to make an impact. A movement to go for it. A movement to provide solutions. A movement to be empowered. A movement to do the right thing.
our people deliver.®
Empowerment, active listening and creative thinking are a few attributes AIT teammates exercise to deliver a world-class customer experience.
Forbes names AIT Worldwide Logistics one of America’s Best Employers in 2021! Come join us at AIT and see why our employees rank us among the best places to work.
AIT Worldwide Logistics is seeking an International Operations Agent in Atlanta, GA. In this position you will be responsible for controlling international freight forwarding shipments into and out of the USA across all modes of international transportation based on customer requests. This role will focus on air imports/exports. The International Operations Agent primary focus is providing a high-level of operational excellence and a quality customer service experience to all customers. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
This position is 100% based in the office, working Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30pm.
What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
- Provide courteous customer service etiquette via phone or e-mail interaction with customers, vendors and AIT teammates throughout the global organization.
- Working with customers to qualify their shipping requirements and obtain all details necessary for shipment quotation and operating in order to ensure the customer’s request is satisfied.
- Provide verification of all shipment documentation is accurate, completed and retained in Cargowise (eDocs).
- Responsible for complete air and ocean shipment data processing in Cargowise including: quoting, data entry, pickup/delivery scheduling, AES entry, interfacing with customs brokers, routing and operational milestone updates.
- Manage all aspects of tracking shipments to ensure shipment is moving as scheduled and update system immediately upon verification.
- Identify and rectify if a shipment has deviated from its scheduled transit schedule in an effort to correct shipment and achieve customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Ensuring all customers’ SOP’s instructions are adhered and AIT KPI’s and guidelines are followed and met.
- Partner with Gateway, Air Carriers and Steamship lines to accurately and timely book all shipments.
- Responsible for sending pre-alerts and notifications to customers and overseas business partners.
- Ensuring all shipments are properly billed within company guidelines and timelines.
What We Look for in Teammates:
- A team player who works well with others – being respectful to our teammates is a Core Value!
- A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership, independence, accountability and autonomy in your role.
- Growth mindset – being passionate about your craft, always looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to change and doing things differently.
- Customer service focus – we serve a wide variety of customers, both internal and external, and building relationships is a part of our culture!
- A creative and focused individual to support development of transportation supply chain solutions
Other Skills We Hope to See:
- High School diploma and/or GED required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ transportation industry experience in export / import operations
- Previous work experience in TSA, ITAR and Dangerous Goods regulations, preferred
- Cargo-wise experience, preferred
- Knowledge of working within government vertical, strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced working environment
- High attention to detail and strong organizing skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
What AIT Can Offer You:
- Growing company with a record year in performance that continues to scale!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in the Atlanta area with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Hands-on and passionate CEO who understands the importance of hiring great talent – passionately caring for co-workers is a Core Value!
- Laid-back and open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive compensation package
- Full line-up of benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Volunteer program – it’s also a Core Value – we actively engage in our communities!
About AIT Worldwide Logistics:
AIT Worldwide Logistics is a global freight forwarder that helps its customers grow by expanding access to markets all over the world where they can sell and/or procure raw materials, components and finished goods. For more than 40 years, the Chicago-based supply chain solutions leader has relied on a consultative approach to build a global network and trusted partnerships in nearly every industry, including aerospace, automotive, consumer retail, food, government, healthcare, high-tech, industrial and life sciences. Backed by scalable, user-friendly technology, AIT’s flexible business model customizes door-to-door deliveries via sea, air, ground and rail—on time and on budget. With expert teammates staffing more than 85 worldwide locations in Asia, Europe and North America, AIT’s full-service options also include customs clearance, warehouse management and white glove services.
AIT Worldwide Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled. If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact Human Resources at 630-766-8300 ext 5318 or email your resume to email@example.com